Soroti Catholic Diocese Integrated Development Organization-SOCADIDO, is looking for a finance manager.
The Finance Manager heads the Finance Department and is a member of the Management Team with a regular role in ensuring finance practices are developed and adhered to. He/she builds the capacity of the finance staff and is responsible for ensuring that all stages of financial process from planning to reporting are completed to meet SOCADIDO’s, Soroti Catholic Diocese and Donor requirements. The Finance Manager will achieve this through providing technical assistance to staff in implementing and complying with financial procedures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Ensure effective planning, management and disbursements of all financial requisitions and timely accountability processes
- Provide regular and timely updates to the Management Team on Financial position of SOCADIDO and any financial issue that requires immediate action by preparing monthly Management reports.
- Monitor actual income and expenditure against budget and taking the necessary remedial action as may be required
- Provide leadership in all banking processes, transactions and relations
- Provide periodic timely financial forecast/cash flows and management accounts.
- Provide leadership in the planning and budgeting processes for all projects.
- Generate timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual financial reports for all projects.
- Manage, supervise and appraise all staff under the finance department
- Manage the internal and external audit processes and queries
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations, financial standards and regulations to match with the current accounting standards.
- Provide support to SOCADIDO periodic financial policy review.
- Participate in programme planning and review workshops
- Conduct regular and timely visits to ascertain value for money in the usage of all SOCADIDO and Diocesan funds.
- Manage SOCADIDO’s and Diocesan contracts with suppliers in accordance with procurement policy and value for money.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance and accounting, Commerce or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Professional accountancy qualifications i.e., CPA (U) or ACCA or At least Level Three of CPA (U) Course.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field would be an advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in Non-Government Organization 3 of which should have been at the level of Senior Finance Officer or Senior Accountant.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
- A team player with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise others while working with minimum supervision.
- Strong personality and reputation with high level of integrity.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity & adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, power point etc.
- Numerical and clerical skills.
- Record keeping skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and apply general technical instructions and procedures.
Key Performance Areas
- Planning, budgeting and reporting
- Financial management and accounting
- Contract management
- Policy and systems development
All applications are expected not later than 31st December, 2023.