Soroti Catholic Diocese Integrated Development Organization-SOCADIDO is seeking the audit service on a short term contract.
Soroti Catholic Diocese Integrated Development Organization-SOCADIDO
P.O Box 641 Soroti
Type of Contract
Type of Audit
29th December 2023
15th January 2024
From 1st September 2023 to 31st December 2023
Enhancing Sustainable Agricultural Livelihoods for Incomes and Biodiversity among rural smallholder farmers in Teso sub region (ESALI).
Total Project Budget
Background and Organisational Setting
Soroti Catholic Diocese Integrated Development Organization (SOCADIDO) is a registered Organization of the Uganda Association of Caritas, member of Caritas Internationalis herein referred to as “Caritas -Soroti”. It is a Christian based Organization established in 1981 and duly registered as a national NGO under the corporate Trustees Act, CAP. 165 and of the registered trustees of Soroti Catholic Diocese (T.37940). It is overseen by a well constituted Board of Governance, Secretariat and Community based structures across Teso Sub region. It is the development arm of Soroti catholic Diocese and one of 19 Caritas Dioceses in Uganda. The Oganization is the member of Eastern Arch Diocesan Development Network (EADEN) and NGO network in Eastern Uganda mandated to initiate and implement development programs to better the living conditions of the people in the Teso sub region. SOCADIDO has secured funding from Vi Agroforestry to fund a project titled “Enhancing Sustainable Agricultural Livelihoods for Incomes and Biodiversity among rural smallholder farmers in Teso sub region (ESALI). It is against that back ground that SOCADIDO seeks to engage an external Auditor for the period 1st September 2023 up to 31st December 2023.
The objective is to audit the financial report for the period 1st September 2023 to 31st December 2023 and to express an audit opinion according to ISA, applying ISA 800/ISA 805, on whether the financial report is in accordance with the cooperation partner’s accounting records and ForumCiv’s requirements for financial reporting as stipulated in the agreement including appendices between ForumCiv and Cooperation partner.
Additionally, the audit shall give recommendations on strengths, weaknesses, and required improvement in the project-related financial and human resources management systems of SOCADIDO.
The auditor is expected to produce an audit report and a management letter,which will comprise the following:
- The reporting from the audit of the cooperation partner shall be in English.
- The report shall be signed by the responsible auditor (Not just the Audit firm) and shall include the title of the responsible auditor.
- The Auditor’s report shall state the following; the dates for the audited period, the ForumCiv’s project number, Total costs that have been audited. Note that total costs include the costs covered by ForumCiv’s grant and the cooperation partner’s own contribution.
- The Auditor’s report shall include the following; an independent auditor’s report in accordance with ISA 800/805, an agreed upon procedures report according to ISRS 4400 and a management letter.
Scope of the Audit
The audit should focus on the following:
- The correctness and completeness of the accounting records,
- The financial report, showing all project related income and expenditure structured by budget lines,
- That receipts and relevant supporting documents are available for all project related income and expenditures,
- The management of the funds made available, which includes the transfer of project funds, all interest earned from the project funds during the reporting period and further income generated by the project,
- Reviewing the appropriate use of funds according to the project objectives,
- Evaluation of the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the usage of funds,
- Budget adherence through the comparison between budgeted and actual costs in the currency in which the expenditure was incurred.
- Reviewing if personnel costs and social security contributions conform to the regulations in the project country and are locally comparable,
- The economical use of the project equipment and assets,
- The inventory and the use of capital items, their whereabouts and their purposive usage,
- Compliance with the legal framework of the project (project agreements and annexes, contracts, etc.) and the donor requirements,
- Compliance with the policies of the local implementing partner regarding procurement, financial administration, human resources management and travel.
Qualifications and Experience
- Necessary qualification to serve as a recognized independent auditing authority,
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience conducting external independent audits of projects funded by international institutional donors in Uganda.
Please submit the following documents with reference title as “PJ1438: ESALI Annual Audit in Soroti, Teso region, Uganda” to email@example.com no later than 29th December 2023:
- A financial proposal (Ugx),
- A qualification certificate of a recognized independent auditing authority as confirmed by a relevant institution in the project country (for example, a chamber of commerce, national association of auditors or another relevant organisation),
- A reference list of three previous customers.